Buying a dash cam is a great idea for many drivers. You will get the peace of mind knowing that you have video evidence in case of an accident that is not your fault. This can help you save hundreds or thousands of dollars in increased insurance costs.
A dash cam is also helpful in cases of vandalism, hit and runs and road rage incidents. Also they can help if your car is damaged by a tire, rim or some other object that is flung off a truck or other vehicle to show the insurance adjuster what caused the damage to your car.
10 Of The Best Selling Dash Cams
- 【1080P FULL HD DASH CAM】Simultaneous recording with Super High Resolution 1080P FHD Lens, and 3” large LCD Screen deliver clearer videos&images and replay the key moment even when high speed driving .
- 【170° SUPER WIDE ANGLE】This car driving recorder employs 170° super wide angle lens. Ultra-wide field of view reduces the blind spots and captures more details, to reserve the real scene .
- 【BUILT IN G-SENSOR】With built-in G-sensor, apeman dashboard camera can automatically detect a sudden shake/collision and lock the footage to prevent the video from being overwritten even in loop recording. Accident scene can be truly restored .
- FULL HD DISCREET DESIGN DASH CAM: Signature low-profile design allows the V1 to be a well-hidden witness to the road ahead. Sony STARVIS image sensor captures beautiful Full-HD 1080p video @ 30fps.
- 170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS & WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE: The 6 layer glass lens opens up to capture a sweeping view of your surroundings. The superior WDR technology allows the camera to perform optimally in any lighting situation by adjusting the exposure to create balanced images and footage.
- SUPERCAPACITOR & PARKING MONITOR: The dash cam uses a supercapacitor which can withstand extreme temperatures from -20 to 176°F, that prevents the risk of overheating, extends the life span and reliability of the camera. With the parking monitor feature, the dash camera will automatically turn on and record when the car camera detects vibration OR dash cam will capture frames for a time lapse video for 24/7. Please connect the smart hardwire kit to activate the parking mode.
- 【Dash Cam Front and Rear】This dual dash cam equipped with 1080P resolution front camera and waterproof rear camera.The car dashcam with 6 pcs IR LED and Wide Dynamic Range, the front camera captures the license plates and road signs clearly even at night, thus ensuring to get you the best footage. Wide-angle front (170°) and rear（130°）camera help eliminate the blind spots of your vision.
- 【Loop Recording & Emergency Accident Locks】: Seamless loop recording overwrites the old footage with new content when the card is full. Variable sensitivity G-Sensor automatically detects a sudden collision and immediately saves the relevant footage and locks it to SOS file. Thus preventing any overwriting and thereby protecting your video evidence. Keep you away from driving disputes. This dashboard camera supports up to 32GB of micro SD card (card not included in package).
- 【Dash Cams with Parking Mode】 : The dash cams automatically powers on and starts recording as soon as impact is detected, thus providing you a video evidence if your car is scratched by someone in parking. Hence ensuring your peace of mind with complete 24x7 monitoring of your car.We suggest some important function settings for your daily using: G-Sensor level choose" low" , or turn off; loop recording choose “3 minutes”; motion detection choose "off" ; parking monitor choose "On".
- 【Dual Lens, Dual Protection】Dual cameras automatically recording the same time when you start engine, sharp and smooth FULL HD 1080P resolution with 170° ultra-wide angle lenses provide outstanding image quality with a broader field of vision. The rear camera is waterproof so you can install in outside and inside.
- 【Superior Full HD Videos & Night Vision】You will be always under protection with the Full HD 1080P front camera. With Advanced Sony Sensor, the WDR Tech and F2.0 wide aperture ensure full high-definition recording during the day and night, you will get a clear video even under low light environment (NOTE: there is NO IR LED Lights).
- 【Reliable Quality & Powerful Functions】With careful quality control, this car camera will meet all your expectations for an ideal dash cam: G-sensor can save and locked video evidence of the collision; the Loop Recording ensure the camera can record continuously; Motion Detection and 24 hours Parking Guard protect your car when you leave; etc.
- 【MINI FHD 1080P DASHCAM】Friend, If you are worried that the dash cam is too big, the driving safety will be affected. Choose us, we 1.5 inch mini size screen is easy to hide, and won't obscure or distract your vision while you driving, so that it guards your safe drive.
- 【CLEAR NIGHT VISION & WDR】Full HD 1080P resolution video recording with clear night vision, This dash camera can work at day or night and recording clear videos. With wide dynamic range (WDR) technology. it can improve the color resolution.
- 【SEAMLESS LOOP RECORDING】Automatically overwrites the oldest footage to prevent the recording from stopping when the memory card is full(Locked clips won’t be overwritten), keeps the device shooting seamlessly without frequent formatting needed.
- 【1080P FRONT AND REAR DUAL CAMERA】 1080P full HD resolution, 4" IPS screen can shows clearer videos&images.170°super wide-angle front camera and 120°rear camera monitors all roads,view surroundings when driving in reverse or parking. reduces the blind spots,reserve the real scene.
- 【GREAT NIGHT VISION & WDR TECH】With F1.8 aperture and WDR tech,the dash camera has an excellent performance at night recording. It can easily capture the clear and accurate color's images even in low-light environments without auxiliary light source.
- 【MOTION DETECTION & LOOP RECORDING】 Motion activated parking mode makes the dual cameras automatically record when it detects motion in front of your car. Automatically overwrite the oldest files to save new files when the micro SD card is full.
- 【1080P Dash Camera For Cars】Featuring Full HD 1080P definition and 170°super wide lens, Campark DC01 dash cam provides you with realistic and detailed picture quality, with 3'' large IPS screen allows you to record and replay the key moments anywhere
- 【Super Night/Day Vision】 This dash cam for cars combine the function of Big aperture, WDR (Wide Dynamic Range), and 6 glass fixed-focus ensures to capture an ultra crystal clear video even driving on the night, improve the safety of driving at night
- 【Loop Recording - Record Longer Time】 Turn on "loop recording“, Campark car camera would automatically overwrite the previous recordings with new files except for locked files when the memory card is full, It supports 32 GB memory maximally (Not Include)
- Features 165 ultra wide-angle to reduce blind spots and obtain full 3 lane coverage. F1.8 apertures (the largest in the industry) and 3.0mx3.0m high sensitivity image sensors guarantee excellent night vision
- High Definition Image and First-class Night vision - 1920x1080p 60fps high speed video recording captures fast moving scenes and creates high resolution images in high speed.
- Emergency recording feature - Enabled by G-sensor technology, the camera automatically saves footage in the events leading up to a collision and immediately after
- SUPER NIGHT VISION AND WDR TECHNOLOGY：Infrared Sensor with LED Light with High Quality Image During Night. It is designed with super big aperture and Wide Dynamic Range, so when driving in the evening with one dash cam,which will be safer and reliable. And this dash cam can catch real time Lane Departure even in darkness.
- 1080P WITH 3 INCH LARGE LCD SCREEN CAR RECORDER: Offer You a Broad Detailed Road Video, 1080P Full-HD Video with a super-wide angle lens captures the whole road in crystal-clear definition. It GREATLY offers you a perfect video evidence in the insurance case increase your sense of Security and necessary indemnification.
- DASH CAM BUILT IN G-SENSOR:Equipped with G-SENSOR, once the vehicle collides, it will automatically record and automatically save it to the emergency video folder to prevent the video from being covered to ensure the evidence is intact. And the collision CAN BE LOCKED so it's super reliable for car devices.
- 4K ULTRA HD RECORDING – The Rove R2-4k dash camera can record videos up to a resolution of 2160p. The ultra hd video recording quality is so good that you will notice much more clarity and quality difference than all other car dash cams. Revolutionary Super Night Vision Technology (Ultra-low light Sensor NT96660 + OV4689) helps to get comparatively clearer footage and images from the recording in low light condition
- BUILT-IN WiFi – Use the ROVE App to view and manage dash cam recordings instantly on your iOS and android devices. By using the app you can download your recorded 4k videos directly to your smart phone and then easily share these on social media with friends and family
- DASH CAM WITH GPS – Built-in GPS accurately records your driving location and speed. View your driving route and tracker on google maps via Wi-Fi using the App or with our Car DV Player. We provide FREE Firmware Upgrade for this car camera
Last update on 2019-11-20 at 13:43 PST/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top New Dash Cams Compared
Last update on 2019-11-20 at 17:22 PST/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Due to the increase in popularity of these devices there are now hundreds of different models to choose from. They are available with some of the latest high tech features and come in many different sizes and styles. Prices range from well under $100 for a budget dash cam with the basic features to several hundred dollars for a premium model with all the bells and whistles.
Nice Features To Have
- 1080p resolution or higher – the higher the resolution the better the video image will be. We recommend at least at 1080p model as license plate numbers and other small details will be more identifiable. Some newer models are starting to offer ultra hd 4k resolution which is 2160p. Look for these models if you want the highest video resolution available.
- Low light sensor – Provides a clearer image at night and in low light situations such as parking garages.
- Wifi – Allows you to view your video footage on your smartphone or tablet without removing it or the memory card from your vehicle.
- Parking Mode – Protects your vehicle when parked. Uses motion detection to automatically capture video when either a person or object comes close to your vehicle.
- Dual Cameras – Many models offer front and rear cameras to record not just what is in front of you but behind as well. Helpful in cases of rear end accidents or collisions.
Types of Dash Cams
- Rear view mirror dash cams -These models replace your stock rear view mirror and have built in front facing cameras and sometimes a rear facing camera as well. These are perfect for those people who want to keep their vehicle looking stock and to be more discreet about having a dashboard camera installed.
- Window mounted dash cams – These attach to the front and sometimes rear windows with the use of suction cup or adhesive mounts. These are suited to drivers who may want to use the unit in more then one vehicle or are looking for the easiest installation.
Most dash cams are supplied with a cable that plugs in to your cars charging socket. Some people prefer to hard-wire their dash cam into their car’s electrical panel and hide the wires under the panels so that it has a more built-in look.
- Suction cup mount – Mounts on front windshield. Preferred method if ease of removing is important, such as if you need to move dash cam between different vehicles.
- Adhesive mount – Attaches to front windshield with use of adhesive tape and clips. This method provides a much more secure method of attachment then using a suction cup mount.
- Mirror mount – Mounts dash cam securely behind rear view mirror.
The descriptions, features and links to user reviews in the products contained on this website can help you find the perfect dash cam for your needs and budget. Always read the information carefully to ensure that the model has the features that you desire. Check the customer reviews to see which dash cams people prefer and stay away from those with poor reviews.