Buying a dash cam is a great idea for many drivers. You will get the peace of mind knowing that you have video evidence in case of an accident that is not your fault. This can help you save hundreds or thousands of dollars in increased insurance costs.
A dash cam is also helpful in cases of vandalism, hit and runs and road rage incidents. Also they can help if your car is damaged by a tire, rim or some other object that is flung off a truck or other vehicle to show the insurance adjuster what caused the damage to your car.
10 Of The Best Selling Dash Cams
- 1080P FULL HD DASH CAM - Simultaneous recording with Super High Resolution 1080P FHD Lens, and 3 inch large LCD Screen deliver clearer videos&images and replay the key moment even when high speed driving.
- 170° SUPER WIDE ANGLE - This car driving recorder employs 170° super wide angle lens. Ultra-wide field of view reduces the blind spots and captures more details, to reserve the real scene.
- BUILT IN G-SENSOR - With built-in G-sensor, apeman dashboard camera can automatically detect a sudden shake/collision and lock the footage to prevent the video from being overwritten even in loop recording. Accident scene can be truly restored.
- ★【Dash Cam Front and Rear】This dual dash cam equipped with 1080P resolution front camera and waterproof rear camera.The car dashcam with 6 pcs IR LED and Wide Dynamic Range, the front camera captures the license plates and road signs clearly even at night, thus ensuring to get you the best footage. Wide-angle front (170°) and rear（130°）camera help eliminate the blind spots of your vision.
- ★【Loop Recording & Emergency Accident Locks】: Seamless loop recording overwrites the old footage with new content when the card is full. Variable sensitivity G-Sensor automatically detects a sudden collision and immediately saves the relevant footage and locks it to SOS file. Thus preventing any overwriting and thereby protecting your video evidence. Keep you away from driving disputes. This dashboard camera supports up to 32GB of micro SD card (card not included in package).
- ★ 【Dash Cams with Parking Mode】 : The dash cams automatically powers on and starts recording as soon as impact is detected, thus providing you a video evidence if your car is scratched by someone in parking. Hence ensuring your peace of mind with complete 24x7 monitoring of your car.We suggest some important function settings for your daily using: G-Sensor level choose" low" , or turn off; loop recording choose “3 minutes”; motion detection choose "off" ; parking monitor choose "On".
- 4K ULTRA HD RECORDING – The Rove R2-4k dash camera can record videos up to a resolution of 2160p. The ultra hd video recording quality is so good that you will notice much more clarity and quality difference than all other car dash cams. Revolutionary Super Night Vision Technology (Ultra-low light Sensor NT96660 + OV4689) helps to get comparatively clearer footage and images from the recording in low light condition
- BUILT-IN WiFi – Use the ROVE App to view and manage dash cam recordings instantly on your iOS and android devices. By using the app you can download your recorded 4k videos directly to your smart phone and then easily share these on social media with friends and family
- DASH CAM WITH GPS – Built-in GPS accurately records your driving location and speed. View your driving route and tracker on google maps via Wi-Fi using the App or with our Car DV Player. We provide FREE Firmware Upgrade for this car camera
- 1080P@60fps and 360°Swivel angle based on powerful Novatek NT96663 CPU the 1920x1080p dash cam captures up to 5 car lanes with its 155°lens recording at 60fps with crystal clear details even capturing license plates
- Night vision w/Sony sensor & built-in GPS The Sony IMX291 CMOS image sensor provides clear and crisp footage day and night Built-in GPS can accurately track your driving route location and speed in either km/h or MP/H
- Wi-fi & powerful VAVA Dash app full-featured VAVA Dash cam mobile app enables live viewing real-time photo & video sharing on social media or direct media transfer of evidence to police & insurance companies right from your phone
- 🚗🚗【3 INCH LARGE LCD SCREEN CAR RECORDER 】- Combined with 1080P Full HD and 12MP resolution, and 3” large LCD Screen deliver clearer videos&images and replay the key moment even when high speed driving. It can provide insurance claims to prevent disputes. Super large screen shows the realtime image, helps you clearly see every details when playing back and brings better visual experience.
- 🚗🚗【170° SUPER WIDE-ANGLE CAR CAMERA 】- 170°wide angle lens allow a larger viewing angle to be recorded. Ultra-wide field of view reduces the blind spots and captures more details, to reserve the real scene.
- 🚗🚗【BUILT-IN G-SENSOR CAR DASH CAMERA】 - With built-in G-sensor, our new version dashboard cam can automatically detect a sudden shake/collision and lock the footage to prevent the video from being overwritten even in loop recording. Accident scene can be truly restored.
- ULTRA HD DISCREET DESIGN DASH CAM: Top OV4689 image sensor captures beautiful 2160p video even while driving fast. Signature low-profile design allows the V1 to be a well-hidden witness to the road ahead. Supports high-endurance micro SD memory cards up to 256GB in memory size.
- 170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS & WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE: The 7 layer glass lens opens up to capture a sweeping view of your surroundings. The superior WDR technology allows the camera to perform optimally in any lighting situation by adjusting the exposure to create balanced images and footage.
- SUPERCAPACITOR & PARKING MONITOR: The dash cam uses a supercapacitor which can withstand extreme temperatures from -20 to 176°F, that prevents the risk of overheating, extends the life span and reliability of the camera. With the parking monitor feature, the dash camera will automatically turn on and record a 20 second video when the car camera detects vibration OR dash cam will capture frames for a time lapse video for 24/7. Please connect the smart hardwire kit to activate the parking mode.
- 🎁🎁SUPER NIGHT VISION AND WDR TECHNOLOGY：Infrared Sensor with LED Light with High Quality Image During Night. It is designed with super big aperture and Wide Dynamic Range, so when driving in the evening with one dash cam,which will be safer and reliable. And this dash cam can catch real time Lane Departure even in darkness.
- 🎁🎁1080P WITH 3 INCH LARGE LCD SCREEN CAR RECORDER: Offer You a Broad Detailed Road Video, 1080P Full-HD Video with a super-wide angle lens captures the whole road in crystal-clear definition. It GREATLY offers you a perfect video evidence in the insurance case increase your sense of Security and necessary indemnification.
- 🎁🎁DASH CAM BUILT IN G-SENSOR:Equipped with G-SENSOR, once the vehicle collides, it will automatically record and automatically save it to the emergency video folder to prevent the video from being covered to ensure the evidence is intact. And the collision CAN BE LOCKED so it's super reliable for car devices.
- 【1080P FULL HD DASH CAM】Excellent 1080P Full HD resolution video with 170°ultra wide angle all-glass lens provides you an outstanding picture quality at a wider field of vision, effectively reducing blind spots and truly recording any events surrounding your drive.
- 【RELIABLE CAR GUARD】Built-in multiple functions such as parking monitor, G-Sensor, emergency recording, motion detection and loop recording, THiEYE Safeel Zero mini dashcam is your best personal co-pilot during your driving for work, journey, entertainment and so on.
- 【CLEAR NIGHT VISION】Equipped with F/1.8 6-glass lens large aperture gathering 20% more light than F/2.0 , together with wide dynamic range(WDR) adjusting the exposure to create balanced images and footage, the car driving recorder performs optimally as your nighthawk even in low-light environment
- 【Super Mini Size】 1.5” screen, super mini design and dark colour which enable the camera to be discrete and not attract unwanted attention.
- 【Ultra Low Price HD Dash Cam】 1080FHD and F1.8 super big aperture which enable the camera stand up against dash cameras within a similar price range even a more expensive range.
- 【24 Hours Parking Monitoring 】 Make your car under protection 24/7 (when used with hardwire kit). It is your intimate car butler.
- 【Full HD 1080P Dash Cam】Campark DC03 dash cam for cars with 1080P high resolution and 170° wide-angle, which helps to capture the road signs and license plates during the day and night. It records the whole road in a crystal clear video quality without blind spots.
- 【Night Vision and WDR Tech】The camera combines with the 6-layers glass lens, large aperture and WDR function, which ensures a clear image even in low-light environments. The recognition of license plates at night will become easy so that you can drive safely at night. 2.45 Inches screen doesn't take up too much space, which will not cause distraction while driving.
- 【Seamless Loop Recording】The loop recording allows you to record the video in 1/3/5 minutes clips, and the camera will automatically overwrite the oldest videos on your micro SD card. You don't have to worry about buying additional cards when capacity is full.(Note: SD card is not included)
Last update on 2020-05-29 at 23:12 PST/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top New Dash Cams Compared
Last update on 2020-03-21 at 07:14 PST/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Due to the increase in popularity of these devices there are now hundreds of different models to choose from. They are available with some of the latest high tech features and come in many different sizes and styles. Prices range from well under $100 for a budget dash cam with the basic features to several hundred dollars for a premium model with all the bells and whistles.
Nice Features To Have
- 1080p resolution or higher – the higher the resolution the better the video image will be. We recommend at least at 1080p model as license plate numbers and other small details will be more identifiable. Some newer models are starting to offer ultra hd 4k resolution which is 2160p. Look for these models if you want the highest video resolution available.
- Low light sensor – Provides a clearer image at night and in low light situations such as parking garages.
- Wifi – Allows you to view your video footage on your smartphone or tablet without removing it or the memory card from your vehicle.
- Parking Mode – Protects your vehicle when parked. Uses motion detection to automatically capture video when either a person or object comes close to your vehicle.
- Dual Cameras – Many models offer front and rear cameras to record not just what is in front of you but behind as well. Helpful in cases of rear end accidents or collisions.
Types of Dash Cams
- Rear view mirror dash cams -These models replace your stock rear view mirror and have built in front facing cameras and sometimes a rear facing camera as well. These are perfect for those people who want to keep their vehicle looking stock and to be more discreet about having a dashboard camera installed.
- Window mounted dash cams – These attach to the front and sometimes rear windows with the use of suction cup or adhesive mounts. These are suited to drivers who may want to use the unit in more then one vehicle or are looking for the easiest installation.
Most dash cams are supplied with a cable that plugs in to your cars charging socket. Some people prefer to hard-wire their dash cam into their car’s electrical panel and hide the wires under the panels so that it has a more built-in look.
- Suction cup mount – Mounts on front windshield. Preferred method if ease of removing is important, such as if you need to move dash cam between different vehicles.
- Adhesive mount – Attaches to front windshield with use of adhesive tape and clips. This method provides a much more secure method of attachment then using a suction cup mount.
- Mirror mount – Mounts dash cam securely behind rear view mirror.
The descriptions, features and links to user reviews in the products contained on this website can help you find the perfect dash cam for your needs and budget. Always read the information carefully to ensure that the model has the features that you desire. Check the customer reviews to see which dash cams people prefer and stay away from those with poor reviews.